Applications Development Manager
Position Number: e delivery
Location: San Jose, CA
The E-Delivery Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of development and maintenance activities for online banking, mobile technologies, and any custom programs to facilitate the business processes of the Credit Union. The incumbent is responsible for guiding business analysis, development of business requirements, programming and support of business solution activities. Along with these responsibilities, leadership over the E-Delivery team and strategic guidance are critical for this position.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
Electronic System Delivery and System Integration
• Operationally, ensure 99% or higher 7x24x365 availability of all online, mobile and custom developed systems
• Manage vendor relationships with both internal and external vendors including contract negotiations and remediation of any service/support or regulatory issues
• Provide direction to group metrics, systems availability metrics, and process improvements. Address compliance issues and ensure positive outcomes.
• Develop and maintain Policies and Procedures for all E-Delivery applications, ensuring compliance with all regulations and internal review processes
• Reviews competitive trends, ensuring online and mobile service products and custom service offerings adhere to Tech CU’s core values and remain competitive in the online market place.
• Manage support structure for enterprise imaging system, CRM strategy, website maintenance and assist with Data Management strategy when required
• Ensure online banking and application security by evaluating and refining product/service offerings and constant evaluation of industry standards, trends and guidance from regulatory agencies
• Collaborate with end users and senior management to develop and document functional requirements, create, test, and rapidly modify prototype applications, secure user sign-off, and work with other staff to migrate the new process into the production environment in a timely, logical manner
• Ensure all change management activities are conducted prior to implementation of any changes, including all documentation and sign-off
• Ensure development and maintenance of technical and user documentation that describes the processes and procedures necessary to achieve end user proficiency and system/application support continuity
• Provide programming support when needed in order to supplement team resources and accomplish visible, time-sensitive or urgent projects and updates
• Periodically attend technical seminars or training workshops that enhance programming language skills.
Establish scope of authority and responsibility for direct reports.
Engage with direct reports and peers on a regular basis to align goals, establish performance metrics, provide feedback and develop talent.
Manage / monitor budget to maximize operating efficiencies.
Review and respond to concerns raised about the Department identified in audit/regulatory reports.
Support established policy & procedures; recommend changes as needed.
Support the Credit Union’s Mission & Vision and Lives the Tech CU Values (Accelerate, Collaborate, Innovate, & Cultivate).
Meet on a monthly basis with manager to discuss goal alignment, performance metrics, and development plans.
Adhere to Policy & Procedure put forth in employee handbook; upholds employee Code of Conduct/Ethics, and ensures confidentiality of the workplace.
Comply with all rules and regulations as defined by applicable regulatory agencies. The employee will also adhere to all internal controls and security measures designed to ensure regulatory compliance with State and Federal laws.
Typically has at minimum:
Education: B.S. Degree is required. M.S. Degree in Computer Science, or related technical/business discipline is preferred.
Experience: At least five years team management experience with banking and financial services experience is required. At least five years’ experience defining, programming, and supporting complex information systems, preferably in a Windows or Web application and client-server environment.
Thorough knowledge of PC hardware and software. Excellent team leadership and communication skills. Ability to properly manage schedule, strong organization, and technical documentation skills. Good business analysis skills and techniques. Knowledge of systems analysis, database administration, data warehousing, system development lifecycle (SDLC), Agile/Scrum or other development methodologies is critical.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit 85% of the day. Keyboard and read computer screen for 90% of time during which one is seated.
THIS POSITION DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT EMPLOYEE. HE OR SHE MAY BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW OTHER INSTRUCTIONS AND TO PERFORM OTHER DUTIES/PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES AS DIRECTED BY HIS OR HER MANAGER.
Starting Pay Range: