Telecommunication Support Specialist
Position Number: TeleSupSpeci
Location: San Jose, CA
The Telecommunication Support Specialist is responsible for first level support on any telecommunication issue in the Credit Union. The position is also required to program and maintain the Nortel PBX and all Voice Servers; coordinate ordering and canceling of telephone services; procure telecommunications equipment.
Support the organization's mission/vision, corporate values and service guarantees. Performs to the standards that meet or exceed the stated objectives and fulfills the expectations of all internal and external customers. Represents the institution in a professional and responsive manner and promotes team participation on departmental and organizational levels.
Telecommunications Technical Support
* Configure and maintain all telecommunication switches and devices, including phone set moves, additions and changes.
* Coordinate repairs and technical support for ATM line problems, ATM wireless modems and T1 voice/data circuits for Member Service Support Center and Financial Centers.
* Create and maintain diagrams of PBX Switch, and Patch Panels, to ensure the technical accuracy of the locations of all connections.
* Maintain current documentation for all telecommunications systems such as phone vectors, VoicePrint Call Recorder, Avaya Aura Contact Center, VoIP, TDM, SIP, IVR toll free numbers, call management system, voice trunking and voice announcement scripts.
• Train and guide staff on office phone, voice mail, smartphone and other telecom related services. Serve as a training resource and participate in Credit Union training programs.
• Support, program, backup, maintain and troubleshoot the Interactive Voice Response Systems, VoicePrint, Predictive Dialer, Avaya Aura Contact Center, CallPilot Voicemail Servers.
• Support Avaya/Nortel TDM, VoIP and SIP telephony environment in the Credit Union.
• Support all telephone and voicemail systems on 9 remote branch offices.
• Support all internal users on all wireless devices such as Smartphone, Tablet, Hot Spot devices.
• Support, maintain and working with AT&T/Sprint to ensure 100% uptime on all T1 PRIs, Data, DS3, Opt-E-Man circuits and video communication systems within the organization.
• Support, setup and maintain the audio and web conference calls account, call account and other telecommunication requests from the internal users.
• Support, setup audio and video conferencing for all Conference Rooms from internal users.
• Support 24X7 operations on-call rotation for Telecom infrastructure after hours & weekend.
• Process telephone orders, cancellations, and keeps records of the transactions.
• Create and maintain spreadsheets for local and long distance carriers authorized circuits.
• Keep updated on new technology and industry trends, and attend appropriate certification courses to maintain proficiency.
• Coordinate and work with different departments in the Credit Union on Telephony projects.
Backup for Management and Other IT Functions
• Monitor and report on the department’s performance against operational goals and objectives.
• Research and oversee implementation of new technologies.
• Reconcile monthly phone invoices against voice and data circuit logs to ensure accurate billing; reports discrepancies to management.
• Provide desktop support and other system support assistance as needed in other areas of IT.
Supports the Credit Union’s Mission & Vision and Lives the Tech CU Values (Accelerate, Collaborate, Innovate, & Cultivate).
Meets on a monthly basis with manager to discuss goal alignment, performance metrics, and development plans.
Adheres to Policy & Procedure put forth in employee handbook; upholds employee Code of Conduct/Ethics, and ensures confidentiality of the workplace.
The employee will comply with all rules and regulations as defined by applicable regulatory agencies. The employee will also adhere to all internal controls and security measures designed to ensure regulatory compliance with State and Federal laws.
Typically has at minimum:
Education: Bachelor Degree in any field is required. Additional business/certification courses relevant to telecommunications, and data communications is a plus.
Experience: 3 - 4 years' increasingly responsible experience in related disciplines, including with Nortel or similar TDM/VoIP phone and voicemail platforms. Experience in Avaya contact center management system, mobile device management, wireless technologies such as EDGE, CDMA, 3G & 4G, 4G LTE is a plus.
Knowledge/Skills/ Abilities: Thorough knowledge of telecommunications and data communications required. Strong communication skills essential. Strong service, team, and employee development orientation.
Travel: Some travel to Tech CU’s financial centers, or other business related events
Willingness to drive one’s own auto to conduct Credit Union business. Applicable IRS mileage reimbursement rate will be provided for business/Credit Union approved business travel.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 25 lbs. Push or pull a luggage cart 1 city block. Walk/stand 70% of the day. Sit 30% of the day. Keyboard and read computer screen for 90% of time during which one is seated.
Starting Pay Range: