Position Number: FinancialAdv
Location: San Jose, CA
Technology Credit Union (TechCU) seeks a Financial Advisor based out of their San Jose Corporate offices and serving one or more local Financial Center membership/client base.
Come join the Tech CU Wealth Management team’s expanding business and discover a rewarding Financial Advisor career opportunity. Be part of a team of skilled and talented professionals that work to design solutions for our member and client lifetime financial goals and dreams. We are seeking an enthusiastic high achiever and self-motivated "people-person" who has demonstrated an advanced level of performance, requiring minimal supervision.
Technology Credit Union has served the high tech workforce and its ecosystem in Silicon Valley and the greater Bay Area for over 50 years. It is recognized as one of the best-managed and strongest financial institutions in the country. With more than $1.7 billion in assets and still growing, Tech CU is a leader in its field — offering online and mobile banking, full-service branches in the Bay Area, and comprehensive wealth management and business services. Tech CU is also dedicated to its local communities — providing support to a wide variety of organizations with a focus on education, environmental sustainability, philanthropy and youth wraparound services.
Our Financial Advisors develop strong relationships with members and non-members and provide comprehensive consultative portfolio services including: securities, insurance and collateral services.
• Sources and consults with clients to understand their financial needs and goals
• Creates tailored investment strategies and services solutions for members and prospects that align with client goals and in accordance with all applicable laws, corporate policies and regulatory agencies.
• Teams with Wealth Management colleagues to enhance market area reach and impact through member company and community events and seminars.
• Builds an actionable business plan to achieve targets
• Cross-refers to division partners.
• At least 2 years of experience in a Financial/Investment Advisor role
• FINRA Series 7 & 66 required
• A valid Life, Accident & Health Insurance license required in the state of California OR willingness to get licensed within 90 days
• A clean Form U-4
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred : business, finance, sales marketing or related field
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation preferred
• Valid California Drivers’ License, insurance and a reliable vehicle to conduct TechCU business
• Superior listening and relationship building, consultative sales, communication and presentation skills.
• Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
• Time management skills
• Proficiency in computer/ application skills
• Base pay + competitive commissions + payouts = OTE exceeds 6 figures
• W2 employment status; full benefits (Health, Medical & Dental); PTO; 401(k); mileage reimbursement and more!
• Team-oriented, collaborative culture with a focus on your success
• Individual and company member base to build your business
• Tools, resources and Financial Assistant support to drive appointments
• Ongoing professional development