Contact Center Specialist
Position Number: CCenterSpeci
Location: Corporate Headquarters San Jose
Hours: M-F/Sat Varied
The Contact Center Specialist is responsible for providing support and assistance to existing members, potential members and other parties who contact Technology Credit Union by telephone and/or email, including other Credit Union departments. When responding to incoming phone calls and emails, the Contact Center Specialist adheres to established Credit Union policies and procedures to effectively satisfy inquiries, resolve problems, fulfill services requests and cross-sell relevant products and services presented to the Contact Center.
Member Service Operations
* In a professional manner handles telephone/email inquiries, including:
o Provides quality customer service during each call,
o Handles calls in accordance with established department guidelines, while adhering to all Credit Union policies and procedures,
o Accurately explains the features and benefits of all Tech CU products and services relevant to the needs of the caller,
o Provides clear and accurate information in a timely manner,
o Properly directs calls/requests to appropriate Credit Union employee/department for processing as needed.
• Able to clearly and accurately explain the features, benefits and processes of all Credit Union products and services including all membership and service related fees.
• Responds to requests for assistance from staff and other Credit Union departments.
• Applies consultative sales and service skills to identify opportunities to refer appropriate products based on member needs.
• Effectively explains/cross-sells current marketing campaigns and promotional offers.
• Meets product referral goals as outlined by management.
• Effectively explains Credit Union policies, procedures, and compliance regulations.
• Process authorized transactions/request accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Provides caller with locations and hours of operations pertaining to Tech CU Financial Centers, Co-Op ATM’s and CU Service Centers.
• Achieves a monthly Quality Monitor average of 90% or better.
• Maintains a 92% available time for calls.
Supports the Credit Union’s Mission & Vision and Lives the Tech CU Values (Accelerate, Collaborate, Innovate, & Cultivate).
Meets on a monthly basis with manager to discuss goal alignment, performance metrics, and development plans.
Adheres to Policy & Procedure put forth in employee handbook; upholds employee Code of Conduct/Ethics, and ensures confidentiality of the workplace.
The employee will comply with all rules and regulations as defined by applicable regulatory agencies. The employee will also adhere to all internal controls and security measures designed to ensure regulatory compliance with State and Federal laws.
Typically has at minimum:
Education: High School diploma plus additional business/vocational education. Courses in related business areas necessary to maintain position proficiency.
Experience: 2 years combined banking and/or call center experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills: Good time-management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organization, team orientation, P.C. Internet, and service skills.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit 92% of the day. Mouse and use Keyboard, read computer screen for 90% of time during which one is seated. Listening/speaking to others for 92% of time during which one is seated.
Starting Pay Range: