Business Banking, Account Executive
Position Number: Bus Bank AE
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
The Business Banker/ Account Executive exhibits superior proficiency in cultivating and maintaining a portfolio of business clients through a variety of outreach activities that focus on:
1) Acquiring/maintaining/servicing/growing existing business relationships
2) Building a strong center of influence and referral network
3) Assessing financial needs through a consultative sales approach and recommending /implementing programs and tools that promote business banking through a variety of channels
4) Building a business banking platform that promotes brand awareness and drives sales growth
5) Collaborating with internal partners to develop and implement success strategies as well as an effective training program to expand institutional knowledge around Business Banking
With minimal guidance and oversight, the Business Banker/Account Executive competently performs the following:
• Communicates the enterprise-wide message and builds Tech CU brand awareness in the market place of professionals and businesses within the technology ecosystem.
• Cultivates a network of centers of influence and referral sources.
• Develops and implements a strategic plan to optimize the business opportunities within the region of responsibility, including the sale of a wide range of business products and services offered by Tech CU to the business community.
• Generates business results in alignment with Tech CU’s vision, strategy and goals. Acts independently to implement appropriate and effective problem resolution strategies.
• Serves as an active participant in the leadership team in the region of responsibility
Market and Product Knowledge: Maintain current knowledge of the full suite of Tech CU products and services and be conversant in the benefits of Tech CU membership, the market, and the Tech CU value proposition.
Develop a Business Plan and Implement a Sales Strategy: Productively perform in an unstructured sales environment to optimize the universe of opportunities that exist within the region of responsibility. The incumbent will focus on client acquisition and retention for the Retail Banking Division, and actively refer business opportunities to the Corporate Banking Group by providing a level of service that evidences commitment to “go the extra mile.”
Communication: Effectively 1) communicate in written and verbal format, with a focus on building rapport with internal and external clients, 2) conduct/participate in individual and group presentations, 3) engage in consultative/persuasive sales dialogue with Members, business clients and prospect, 4) offer solutions with an eye toward win-win outcomes, and 5) interact with internal and external clients in a fashion that honors the principles of mutual regard and respect.
Team Support: Work cooperatively, collaboratively and supportively with Tech CU colleagues, actively contributing to efforts to optimize opportunities in collaboration with the regional leadership team.
Personal Development: Invest in on-going education in order to remain current on Tech CU product knowledge, the market and the competitive arena, including expansion of a business network and further development of consultative sales skills.
• Supports the Credit Union’s Mission & Vision and Lives the Tech CU Values (Accelerate, Collaborate, Innovate, & Cultivate).
• Meets on a monthly basis with manager to discuss goal alignment, performance metrics, and development plans.
• Adheres to Policy & Procedure put forth in employee handbook; upholds employee Code of Conduct/Ethics, and ensures confidentiality of the workplace.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related business discipline or equivalent career.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in related disciplines, including financial products/services for consumers and businesses, business development and outside sales, and building relationships and growing business in unchartered territories.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 25 lbs, push or pull a luggage cart 1 city block, walk/stand 70% of the day, sit 30% of the day, keyboard/read a computer screen for 90% of time seated and get into and out of a motor vehicle 6 times each day.
Travel: Holds a clear & valid California drivers’ license. Possesses current automobile insurance and is willing to drive one’s own auto to conduct Tech CU business. Applicable IRS mileage reimbursement rate will be provided for Tech CU approved business travel.
Other Requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Commitment to make excellence a habit
• Initiative, self-motivation, and drive to achieve sales objectives
• Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Outlook
THIS POSITION DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT EMPLOYEE. HE OR SHE MAY BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW OTHER INSTRUCTIONS AND TO PERFORM OTHER DUTIES/PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES AS DIRECTED BY HIS OR HER MANAGER.
Starting Pay Range: