AVP, Project Manager
Position Number: AVPProjectMg
Location: San Jose, CA
Take responsibility for managing projects which are initiated from various internal stakeholders throughout the credit union. Work with internal stakeholders to manage their project requests including; creation/documentation of project scope, develop and manage schedules/timelines, resolution of project issues, assistance in contract negotiation, development of solutions which will meet stakeholder objectives and where necessary coordination and leadership of cross-functional teams and resources to deliver successful results.
All projects must be presented to the Project Management Office (PMO) before a project is officially approved and resources can be assigned. Projects can be technical, non-technical, process improvement or product development-related. A solid, demonstrated competence and track record in project management is required for this position. An understanding of financial services regulations is desirable. Strong contract evaluation and negotiation skills are required.
• Manage multiple projects in parallel and based on assignment from the Project Management Office.
• Stakeholder management in order to ensure all expectations are established and successfully met throughout the project.
• Analyze business processes and recommend potential solutions.
• Manage the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, including; review and full evaluation of prospective vendors, creation of RFT, vendor due diligence and final vendor selection.
• Facilitate project Risk Assessments.
• Create, motivate and successfully manage cross-functional teams throughout the organization.
• Work with Information Technology staff in order to ensure technical requirements are met.
• Regular communication with the Executive Sponsors and project teams on progress.
• Create, update, and archive organizational process assets and manage change control processes throughout all steps of the project life-cycle.
• Special Projects completed upon request.
Ability to work weekends or off-hours to complete projects (as required). Documentation and Communication
• Develop the documentation required for the PMO such as any documentation required for compliance with the project life-cycle.
• Provide regular status reports for management on the performance of the projects.
• Initiate regular communication with all stakeholders and Managing Committee.
Supports the Credit Union’s Mission & Vision and Lives the Tech CU Values (Accelerate, Collaborate, Innovate, & Cultivate).
Meets on a monthly basis with manager to discuss goal alignment, performance metrics, and professional development plans.
Adheres to Policy & Procedure put forth in employee handbook; upholds employee Code of Conduct/Ethics, and ensures confidentiality of the workplace.
The employee will comply with all rules and regulations as defined by applicable regulatory agencies. The employee will also adhere to all internal controls and security measures designed to ensure regulatory compliance with State and Federal laws.
Typically has at minimum:
• B.S. Degree in Business, Project Management, MIS, Computer Science, or related area.
• Project management experience to include project planning and initiation, risk management, critical success factors, project scope change control, issues management, status reporting, problem solving, and post-project assessment, as well as familiarity with formal project life-cycle management methodologies.
• Five years project management experience.
• Experience and familiarity working with IT organizations and managing resources.
• Prior contract negotiation experience.
• Must be able to take strategic direction from executive management.
• Familiarity with financial institution software solutions, business processes and requirements.
• Organizational and planning capabilities and ability to handle multiple projects, tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Effective written and oral communication skills, presentation skills, and facilitation skills including the ability to deal with all levels of internal associates, external vendors and business partners.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Visio.
• Microsoft Project or other project management/portfolio management systems.
• Ability to sit 85% of the day. Keyboard and read computer screen for 70% of the time during which one is seated.
• Prior experience with managing projects for financial institutions.
• MBA or other post-secondary education.
• Five - Ten years project management experience.
• Formal facilitation training.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified or formal project management training.