VP, Private Banking Relationship Manager
Position Number: AVP, Private
Location: Corporate Headquarters
Hours: M-Sat Varied
The incumbent is responsible for the acquisition, growth and retention of individual and business member relationships according to Wealth Management division criteria. The incumbent will identify individual, business and investment products sales opportunities and will provide members with appropriate Wealth Management and Corporate Banking solutions.
Accountable for established sales and quality service goals.
Supports the Credit Union's mission/vision, corporate values and service guarantees. Performs to the standards that meet or exceed the Credit Union objectives and fulfill the expectations of clients/members. Represents the Credit Union in a professional and responsive manner and promotes team participation on departmental and organizational levels.
Private and Business Client relationship-sales/service:
• Identifies, develops and manages client relationships with affluent professional/business clients meeting the program criteria.
• Maintains solid knowledge of Credit Union loan, deposit and trade service products designed for private banking individual and corporate banking clients. Accurately explains features and benefits of the Credit Union’s products and services; rates, items charges, and fees.
• Demonstrates general knowledge of all products and services needed by the affluent member including tax planning, trust planning, investments, etc.
• Becomes familiar with all aspects of credit policy and procedures and complies with all of its provisions. Completes credit training programs as assigned. Serves as the relationship manager for new and existing clients. Maintains up to date, organized client information. . Develops and executes written member business development plan.
• Provides exceptional personalized member service while striving to provide service above and beyond member expectations.
• Follows up with member to ensure product/service satisfaction. Keeps commitments made to member on a timely basis.
• Consultatively develops prospects, anticipates needs and closes sales for Private Banking products and services. Communicates effectively with clients of varying levels of business and financial sophistication.
• Accurately explains features and benefits of the Credit Union’s products and services solutions; rates, items charges, and fees. Recommends action, defining next steps.
• Analyzes and determines likely needs based on comprehensive wealth management model to assess clients’ goals and constraints.
• Promote and cross-sells Wealth Management and other Credit Union products/services to current and potential Private Banking individual and business clients.
• Acts as a liaison between Wealth Management and other Credit Union divisions to meet member’s needs.
• Meets assigned sales and service goals of Private Banking products for individual and business clients, and Investment referrals. Interviews client and conducts site visits regularly regarding their business. Conducts due diligence for review of all necessary client financial and non-financial data and information.
• Underwrites credits up to assigned loan limits and pre-underwrites those above assigned loan limits. Maintains appropriate risk assessments on all credits.
• Provides high quality credit management to assigned portfolio, including obtaining all required financial information, ensures covenant compliance and no past due loans/lines. Advises members of loan decisions and requests additional documentation when needed.
• Interacts with the Corporate Banking Division team in the booking/closure/profitability of corporate lending and service products.
• Recommend modifications to loan programs and pricing; recommend improvements to existing marketing and loan programs. Provide input to senior management to streamline and improve loan services for the benefit of the Credit Union and client.
• Reports progress to own manager on status of action plans developed for affluent/business clients.
• Exhibits the highest ethical standards in all client interactions and adheres to compliance regulations and Credit Union’s policy/procedure.
• Maintain the confidentiality of all customer and bank relationships.
• Works closely with the Contact Centers, Central Operations and Corporate Banking partners to deliver an integrated Tech CU experience for the member.
• Participates in on-sites, and attends professional/business networking activities. Develops center of influence contacts with community professionals
• Has the ability to work with teams and as a team member.
• Participates in the Credit Union’s internal and other external professional training programs to refine skills and knowledge.
• Must have the ability to speak effectively in front of groups, customers or employees of an organization. Ability to present complex financial analysis to Senior and Executive Management.
Supports the Credit Union’s Mission & Vision and Lives the Tech CU Values (Accelerate, Collaborate, Innovate, & Cultivate).
Meets on a monthly basis with manager to discuss goal alignment, performance metrics, and development plans.
Adheres to Policy & Procedure put forth in employee handbook; upholds employee Code of Conduct/Ethics, and ensures confidentiality of the workplace.
The employee will comply with all rules and regulations as defined by applicable regulatory agencies. The employee will also adhere to all internal controls and security measures designed to ensure regulatory compliance with State and Federal laws.
Typically has at minimum:
Education: BS/BA Degree in Business/Finance/Economics or equivalent experience in a financial institution is required. Attends and completes Private Banking Working with Affluent Market educational course within first two years. Advanced degree a plus.
Licensing: FINRA series 7/66 and California Life and Health Licenses required. Notary Public preferred.
Experience: 5-7 years’ experience in a financial institution; 5 years’ experience preferred providing Private Banking and /or commercial banking products to clients and commercial lending experience. Proficient knowledge of personal and business financial statements and tax returns. Financial acumen as it pertains to the affluent market segment.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: A thorough knowledge in the analysis and processing of business loans, including; financial analysis, balance sheet ratios and documentation. Familiarity with consumer and commercial loan documents/regulations for multi-state lending is a plus. Solid working knowledge of bank operations, business and financial products and compliance is necessary. Solid negotiation skills, consultative sales abilities and the ability to work effectively on Wealth Management group teams and cross-functional teams. Detail oriented with strong verbal/written and interpersonal communication skills. Proficient computer skills including M/S Word and Excel are essential.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
Travel: Holds a valid California Drivers’ License. Possess current automobile insurance. Willingness to drive one’s own auto to conduct Credit Union business within Bay Area Counties: Alameda, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Contra Costa, Santa Cruz and San Mateo Counties. Applicable IRS mileage reimbursement rate will be provided for business/credit union approved business travel.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit 75% of the day. Keyboard and read computer screen for 60% of time during which one is seated. Ability to speak/use phone 35% of the day. Walk/travel outside the facility up to 50% of the time. Occasionally lifts items up to 25 lbs.
Starting Pay Range: