Giving back to our local communities through our Community Partner Program
Tech CU is committed to sparking action and helping our communities thrive by focusing on causes related to Technology Access, STEAM Education, Financial Empowerment, and Health & Wellness. We believe that by aligning our missions, visions, and values, we will be able to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Technology Access: We understand that technology plays a large role in our everyday lives - from being able to bank online to speaking with loved ones via a computer or iPad. As such, we work closely with our community partners to fill in any digital gaps - such as providing laptops to organizations that support individuals who lack access to technology or donating iPads to the elderly and providing training on how to use them.
- STEAM Education: We know how important it is to encourage and empower the next generation of innovators, designers, and engineers, so we support organizations that create positive learning environments for children to excel in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math).
- Financial Empowerment: We understand the importance of preparing children and young adults to lead healthy, financially educated lives. We provide a variety of content on our website and through our social media channels to help educate members including relevant articles, calculators, free credit score and monitoring, and other resources aimed at answering commonly asked questions on everything from credit and debt, to applying for a mortgage.
- Health and Wellness: We work to promote a positive and healthy community by investing in programs that support health and wellness, including access to technology, which enhances the livelihood of our communities.
We also invest heavily in our employees’ civic and professional leadership skills and have numerous Tech CU employees on committees and nonprofit boards throughout California. We offer Volunteer Time Off to all our full-time employees — allowing them paid time to volunteer with our community partners. Over the years, Tech CU employees have volunteered with many organizations - from the local schools to larger organizations such as Peninsula Volunteers Inc. (PVI), The Tech Interactive, Family Giving Tree, San Jose State University, and Second Harvest of Silicon Valley, to name a few.
Since 1960, we’ve invested millions of dollars as well as time and talent in our local communities. Our efforts to give back are being recognized. For the past 5+ years, we’ve been named a top 100 Bay Area corporate philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times and listed as one of the most philanthropic companies in Silicon Valley by the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
“I want to thank Tech CU for making our dream of addressing the senior tech divide a reality. Tech CU has been a terrific partner, lending your technical advice, purchasing prowess, and employee knowledge to enable our Bay Area seniors to age in place. Our seniors have devices, WIFI, and the know-how to connect to family, friends, and resources online. We couldn’t have achieved this without you.”
- Ann Eisenberg, Manager of Volunteer Services, PVI
To see how we could potentially support your organization, please email [email protected].